Tuesday 13 March 2012

Animated Discussions: Les Maitres du Temps


I did say in the previous post that I would say more about Moebius aka Jean Girard.

Because you know that I do like a bit of animation. And Moebius did work with French animator Rene Laloux on this film here.... "Les Maitres Du Temp" (Time Masters).

For modern animation fans it may look a bit dated cos it's made in 1982 before the "benefits" of CGI and so on. Don't get me wrong I don't mind a bit of CGI... but sometimes it do get in the way I think... a bit of a stylistic... "Oh No... Here we go again..."

I do have on my DVD shelf - a copy of Laloux's 1973 film "La Planete Sauvage" (Fantastic Planet). Cos I'se that kind of girl. This is perhaps even harder to view in terms of modern techniques but that ain't what it's all about.

Anyway. I just be reading the wiki stuff on Rene Laloux and love the idea that he got started animating by working with patients in a psychiatric institution. I wonder if any got over-excited doing the animating and had to be sedated? I'm sure I would. But then... if you cain't control the world out there.... get yourself a little world on your tabletop and animate it. That's what I say.

No comments: