Monday 13 January 2014

Wagner By The Hour...

OK. I am not referencing Wagner's Ring cycle with this hat. Sometimes I just need to wear my rabbit's ears hat.

So.... we do watch Das Rheingold, Die Walkure, and Siegfried .... (see previous post if you don't know what I'm on about...) Hours and hours of declaiming and singing and swording and swashing buckles. Nice scenery. Some very nice singing. Much as I don't Wagner... it does leave me hiyata-ho-ing around the place. Next is "Gotterdammerung" (again!). The finale.

But tonight "Celebrity Bake-Off" may just win out on the telly front.... (Blimey, just realised that this series beloved by the nation is made by the same outfit as outrage du jour - "Benefits Street". Jam for some but not for others....  I see.)

And yes... The Old Man do still have a hand like a bunch of sausages... we may learn why today. But meanwhile I shall wear my comfort hat.

No comments: